HISTORY MUSEUM SETS OPENING DATE, CONTINUES OFFERING ONLINE CONTENT
Museum reopens with limited days and updated procedures as a response to COVID-19.
SPRINGFIELD, Mo.— History Museum on the Square will reopen to the public with limited hours and days starting May 28th. The Museum will be open Thursday through Saturday from 10 am to 5 pm and Sunday 1 pm to 5 pm. The Museum will limit capacity to 150 guests at a time to comply with the City of Springfield’s Road to Recovery Plan. We are taking the following steps to ensure the safety of our guests and staff:
- The Museum will be deep cleaned each morning before opening, have scheduled cleaning throughout the day, and interactive surfaces will be sanitized as needed throughout the day.
- All staff will be required to wear face masks.
- All guests will be asked to wear face masks and use provided hand sanitizer upon entering the Museum.
- The Museum will encourage social distancing with stickers placed on the floor and signs throughout the Museum.
- Interactives within the Museum where social distancing is not possible will be limited to one group at a time and sanitized between groups.
We will continually monitor this situation and, with the guidance of the Springfield-Greene County Health Department and local officials, update procedures as needed. We will continue to add online content through our social media channels and find creative ways to engage our patrons.