History Museum Expands Days, Adds Evening Hours
06/29/2020 / / Comments Off on History Museum Expands Days, Adds Evening Hours
SPRINGFIELD, Mo.— History Museum on the Square will now be open on Wednesdays starting July 1st and will remain open until 8 pm on Thursdays during July and August. The Museum will be open Wednesday from 10 am to 5 pm, Thursday from 10 am to 8 pm, Friday through Saturday from 10 am to 5 pm and Sunday 1 pm to 5 pm. The museum is taking the following steps to ensure the safety of our guests and staff:
- The museum will be deep cleaned each morning before opening, have scheduled cleaning throughout the day, and interactive surfaces will be sanitized as needed throughout the day.
- All staff will be required to wear face masks.
- All guests will be asked to wear face masks and use provided hand sanitizer upon entering the Museum.
- The museum will encourage social distancing with stickers placed on the floor and signs throughout the museum.
- Interactive exhibits within the museum where social distancing is not possible will be limited to one group at a time and sanitized between groups.
We will continually monitor this situation and, with the guidance of the Springfield-Greene County Health Department and local officials, update procedures as needed. We will continue to add online content through our social media channels and find creative ways to engage our patrons.